old machines -west side

Author: betty
To: plug-discuss
Subject: old machines -west side
i got 3 of the machines before i posted that they were there. pretty
much they have the same hardware confige that you describe. i tried to
put medpis on one; no luck. it would run live but wouldn't let me do an
install to the hdd. and live was too slow.
put redhat 9 on it and it works fine. i'm using the gui. i was just
going to eventually find homes for them with students i have contact
with. now i just need some ext. modems ;-)
i don't think they are worth selling except for parts. but what do i know.

btw thanks for the info. on finding which version of mozilla i have. i
do have an older version 1.2 i think. anyway i got the disk from
mozsource and installed 1.6 but it did not replace my old version. i was
hoping to use n-vu with it and get rid of windoze with dreamweaver. but
it has to be easier (read; more intuitive) for me to be at that point.
maybe i'll have to wait for dreamweaver to be linux friendly :-[
betty i

--
www.webcanine.com
information for people who care for dogs

Observare porta non oportet fila domestica
photos of our dogs
www.wolfila.homestead.com