Re: Gentoo on PowerPC

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Bill Jonas
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: Gentoo on PowerPC
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:35:10PM -0700, Bryce C wrote:
> It's news to me too. I just installed 2004.0 on my iBook this weekend
> and haven't run in to any problems at all. There was no mention of this
> in the weekly newsletter (skimmed, though it was), or on the website.
> Maybe, it's just their media that mac drives don't like reading? Hmm...

Come to think of it, I couldn't boot off of the first CD on an old beige
PowerMac G3. I tried burning another copy of the disc but it still
wouldn't go. Just plain refused to see it during boot or even once the
system was up. It would give me a message that the medium was
unformatted and it gave me the choice of either formatting or ejecting
it. Discs two and three, of course, were seen just fine. (This was
under OS 9.2.2.)

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step