Re: OOo question?

Author: Ted Gould
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OOo question?
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 22:32, wrote:
> I received a very quick reply asking what email client I
> would recommend and also wanting to know about compatabilty(sp)
> between OpenOffice and MSoffice. Email was easy I recommended
> Thunderbird but I having not really used openoffice that much
> so I sent a link to the OOo Faq page but I was wondering what
> you guys can tell me? This is my first experience with a MS IT
> guy who wants to start using FOSS and I would love to see as
> much of it as I can in this office.

I've been using OOo at work quite a bit lately, the one thing I can say
is get 1.1, it is sooo much better at MS documents (versus 1.0). Alot
of people in my office got turned off to it after the admin installed
1.0, and haven't gone back with 1.1 :( But, I've been editing all the
documents that I'm supposed to be using Word for in OOo.

        --Ted