Re: OpenLDAP revisited

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OpenLDAP revisited
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 08:42, Don Calfa wrote:
> I really need some help here guys.
>
> All I want is to have a directory that I can pull email address from so
> that I don't have to have a 'master' email address list that I share
> between my many mail clients. Does someone have a working slapd.conf
> and a dummy ldif I can import just to see this work?

---
I have openldap running but I don't have an 'addressbook' yet. I mean to
get this running in the next week or so. It's not an easy thing to do.

You should have a separate container for addressbooks...
i.e. if your basedn is something like
dc=mydomain,dc=com

then your addressbook should be something like:
ou=Addressbook,dc=mydomain,dc=com
where objectclass of Addressbook is organizationUnit, top &
structuralObject

and then...
cn=name1,ou=Addressbook,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectclass=inetOrgPerson

Editing them is going to be somewhat tough - gq/phpldapadmin are clumsy
and none of the known addressbook/mail clients are going to work.

Craig