Re: Mepis accolades

Author: Miles Beck
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Mepis accolades
Michael Havens wrote:
> WOW. I installed my new HD successfully and found that I didn't have to do
> anything extra to get my modem to work besides set the wvdial.conf file.

Mepis looked interesting so I downlaoded the live version. Needless to
say I was dissapointed when it did not detect my mouse. I keep wanting
to get rid of Windows and I keep evaluating Linux, only to have it fall
short of my needs. Or maybe the learning curve is too steep presently.

I'll keep trying the live versions and hopefully something will click
one day. I really like the Debian philosophy but they are no where near
the usability in terms of the desktop for me. Hopefully time will
correct this with the Debian on the Desktop project.