Re: Knoppix Mirror or CD

Author: Victor Odhner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Knoppix Mirror or CD
Thanks, Austin. But I don't have bittorrent.
My whole issue is that Red Hat 8 is hopelessly
outdated, so I can't use RPM (dependency Hell),
and I don't have apt-get, and I need to be
booted over to Windows some of the time so it's
bad news to get into the middle of a long download.

I did try installing Bittorrent on Win98 last
night, but the Windows version is a sad joke as
far as I could tell. Really bad, it's definitely
a fish out of water.

I'm working right now to bring up a Linux-only
box. From there, hopefully I can take my sweet
time bootstrapping into a working configuration,
while I do my real work on the Windows box. My
dual-boot Linux access is a nice escape when I
want to do Linux things on my Windows files,
or play with the Gimp, but it's not how to
really do Linux.

With a dedicated Linux box, I could run Bittorrent
too. Full time. Does Cox have any problem with
people doing that?

Thanks,

Vic