Patent law as PLUG meeting topic

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Patent law as PLUG meeting topic
At Jay Jacobson's Tech Officer's meeting, he recently had a 20yr+
experienced patent attorney, Marty Stoneman, who was very good at
explaining remedial patent law. He had some very eye-opening points, he
was very quick in turning questions around informitavely and humorously,
and seemed to just love to speak to people. I've also exchanged a few
e-mails with him. Specifically, when ./ had the "M$ patented XML"
article, I forwarded that to him with a few questions. He was again
very helpful, and during this discussion, he pointed out to me that
there are in fact ways of invalidating patents.

Given enough interest, I could get Mr. Stoneman in for a PLUG meeting or
two. He considers time spent speaking to groups an efficient use of his
time, and seems to like to network.

Is East Side or West Side best? I will try to convince him to go to
both, but which can be triaged?

What questions would you have? Again, I will try to have him bring
explanations on how to invalidate patents, in addition to the quality
material he already has.

--Alexander
RSVP