Catching cross-postings via procmail

Author: Deepak Saxena
Subject: Catching cross-postings via procmail
I am on various linux mailing lists and everyone once in a while
a thread will get cross posted so I will get it twice (sometimes
three times if I happen to be CC:ed) and it will all end up in whatever
procmail rule catches it first. Anyone know of a way to catch
cross-posted messages via procmail and have it only store the first
copy of it? Maybe do a md5 hash of something that is cross posted
and everyime that same set of To:, From: and Cc: headers is seen,
discard the message if the hashes match and increment some counter.
If the counter == number of lists I am on that would receive this
message, delete it.

This sounds incredibly complicated and requires keeping state across
procmail instances so I'm thinking there must be a _MUCH_ easier
method. Anyone?

Tnx,
~Deepak

--