Console programs in Linux

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: Console programs in Linux
--=-hIj+YOYTUbdXAlbFYX4F

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 21:38, tickticker wrote:
> And I do now know about minicom, thank you.

I'm not sure where you're going with this - but I've used minicom to
talk to serial ports before. It works pretty well. If I remember right
there is a configuration file that you have to set up in /etc and you'll
need to play with some permissions to get it so that users can use the
serial port (I wouldn't recommend running as root), but I have to
relearn that stuff every time I set it up. It's all in the man pages.

        --Ted

--=-hIj+YOYTUbdXAlbFYX4F

--=-hIj+YOYTUbdXAlbFYX4F--