DynDNS.org MailHop service?

Author: Austin Godber
Subject: DynDNS.org MailHop service?
Matt Alexander wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, roland ibbetson wrote:
>

>>I've use the http redirect and DNS services that are offered by
>>DynDNS.org for the last 6 months. I've been pleased with the service
>>so far. I haven't used the mailhop service because they were charging
>>extra for that service and I didn't have the money at the time. If you
>>go with dyndns.org, let me know how the service is.
>

> MailHop Relay works great so far. Incoming mail for my test domain goes
> to the dyndns mail server which is then forwarded to my mail server
> running on a non-standard port. Outgoing mail is handled by sending
> through an SSH tunnel to a friend's machine (which allows SMTP relaying if
> the connection appears to originate from his box).
>
> I also tested the dyndns.org MailHop Outbound service which is another way
> to get around an ISP blocking outgoing port 25. It's a very inexpensive
> service and works well.
> ~M

I have thought of starting up one of these dynamic DNS/ service
reditector services for free then selling the information to the ISPs so
they can be better informed about what is going on on their networks and
know who is violating their terms of service agreements. You guys think
theres any money in that?

Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if it is already happening.

Austin