Semi-OT HTML question

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: Semi-OT HTML question
--=-pn7Haq1p11JBF+HM64At

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 04:10, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> It appears that the default settings on a lot of browsers don't recognize=

the=20
> file extension. (I know that my version of Netscape doesn't.) So the=20
> browser tries to display the binary file as text, and in some instances i=

t=20
> may crash.

The problem is that this isn't an HTML thing, the webserver is what
tells the webbrowser what kind of content it is receiving. So, you'll
need to add a MIME type for .deb in your webserver configuration.=20
Webbrowsers really shouldn't detect extensions either, but I think most
do. They should believe the server's MIME type of the file.

        --Ted

--=-pn7Haq1p11JBF+HM64At

--=-pn7Haq1p11JBF+HM64At--