ati radeon 9000 pro

Author: ec
Subject: ati radeon 9000 pro
What driver IF any can I use with that card? New
junker system for me. Knoppix uses 'all' which I know
isn't correct.

It is a 'true' ati radeon 9000 pro, not from some
second source (I was with Jim a year ago when he
bought it, and I installed it for him, works fine in
W98 with ati drivers).

Ati's site has rpm's and according to them alien
converts, but I want to run off the cdrom instead of a
full install...so that is not an option normally.

Has anyone ran that card with knoppix set to something
on the list of cards for ati other than the generic
'all' for all cards? Just wondering.

It is a 128mb version. And money IS tight here.

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,
just as does every other user.