ati radeon 9000 pro

Author: ec
Subject: ati radeon 9000 pro
The problem is I don't want to install debian/knoppix
and ati's drivers need to be installed. I like running
koppix off the cdrom and don't want some driver to
damage the monitor from the I list that is loaded on
the knoppix cd.

I was hoping that someone would have had this
experience and be able to tell me which of the ones
listed on the cd work with this card and give is more
functionality than the 'all' or more correctly I
believe 'all generic' that it defaults to.

>From my little experience, apparently it knows it is a

radeon card from the below copy/paste from dmesg. But
does it really get full function?? I haven't and wont
for awhile, try installing on this machine as it is
the orginal purchaser's backup machine for his new
amd2600 box... at least 3 months more 'burn in' time
for the new system he has.

Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory:
203M
agpgart: Detected Intel 440BX chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe4000000
[drm] AGP 0.99 aperture @ 0xe4000000 64MB
[drm] Initialized radeon 1.7.0 20020828 on minor 0

The one thing is that in kde control center, it calls
it an 'all' card and doesn't list the specific radeon
driver..unless I am missing something. Also ATI's site
lists a totally different driver number that the dmesg
listing does.

Just wondering. I know and have heard about 'wrong'
drivers destroying monitors, and yes this old on is a
real generic...never have figured out what it really
is, but knoppix seems happy with whatever a jen001b
is!!! The case says arcus and it is a 17 inch not 15
that knoppix cd lists as monitors. Oh, well, what we
get for messing around with junk!

The card is a radeon (in an ati box, not second
source) 9000pro 128mb.

--- wrote:
> Try the 'radeon' or 'ati' drivers. See if you get
> anywhere.

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,