vDSL Modem Issues

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: vDSL Modem Issues
--=-MKwS+PzfTAOljvC4Rj0h

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 22:11, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> My point was only that if they provide vDSL then the line quality is=20
> good enough for other forms of DSL as well. I wouldn't guess the rate=20
> has anything to do with the drop on release problem either.

Actually, I was talking to one of the Qwest techs and he said that in
the areas that they've installed vDSL it seems like it interferes with
the other DSLs. Also, considering how different the network
architecture is, having one doesn't imply the other. The line quality
for the short distance might be good enough - but that doesn't mean
there is equipment at the end of the line.

        --Ted

--=-MKwS+PzfTAOljvC4Rj0h

--=-MKwS+PzfTAOljvC4Rj0h--