webmail

Author: Alex LeDonne
Subject: webmail
--- David Huerta <> wrote:
> Anyone know a good free webmail service that isn't
> Hotmail or Yahoo? I've always had problems with other
> services raking in spam, de-activating and deleting my
> account, or just arbitrarily deleting it for no reason.
> Any recommendations?

Several. Top two are faves because of IMAP:

http://fastmail.fm/
Includes free IMAP access, SMTP after auth, https login. Several
domains to choose from. Expanded services available for reasonable
prices (cheaper than Yahoo! last I checked). Use it, love it.

http://www.myrealbox.com/
Run by Novell, for the sake of testing their messaging software. Also
includes free IMAP, SMTP access. Not 100% stable, though they try to
be.

Other "purely web" mail options:

http://login.mail.lycos.com/
Lycos is still out there.

http://mail.go.com/
Owned by the Disney family of companies, with special accounts/settings
for teens, kids.

-Alex