Small bootable distro with Ktouch?

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: Small bootable distro with Ktouch?
Here is some info on D. Small Linux found at http://www.damnsmalllinux.or=
g/

What is Damn Small Linux?
Damn Small Linux is a business card size (50MB) bootable Live CD Linux=20
distribution. Despite its minuscule size it strives to have a functional =
and=20
easy to use desktop.
=20
Why?
Because having a working Linux desktop distro on a 50 mb bootable busine=
ss=20
card CD is just too cool not to do.
=20
Screenshot?
damnsmalllinux-0.1=A0=A0right here
damnsmalllinux-0.3=A0=A01=A02=A03=A04=A05=A06=A07=A08
damnsmalllinux-0.3.9 (playing mpegs!)=A0=A01=A02
damnsmalllinux-0.3.10 (VNC client shot)=A0=A01
damnsmalllinux-0.3.11 (running Firebird)=A0=A01
damnsmalllinux-0.4.2 (running Xpaint, XzGV, emelFM, and Sylphed)=A0=A01
damnsmalllinux-0.4.3 (showing off desktop icons)=A0=A01
damnsmalllinux-0.4.4 =A0=A01
damnsmalllinux-0.4.5:
=A0=A0=A0=A0new baby Tux
=A0=A0=A0=A0new theme, Oneko & playing Mpg
=A0=A0=A0=A0appfest, including patched Dillo
damnsmalllinux-0.4.7:
=A0=A0=A0=A0New apps; X Pacman, Rdesktop, FireBird 0.6.1
damnsmalllinux-0.4.8:
=A0=A0=A0=A0Playing a music CD while running in RAM
damnsmalllinux-0.4.10:
=A0=A0=A0=A0Playing w/TuxNES, using Nirc, editing w/Nano, and Surfing w/=
Firebird 0.7
damnsmalllinux-0.5.1:
=A0=A0=A0=A0SciTe, Apsfilter, GostScript, and Ted
damnsmalllinux-0.5.2:
=A0=A0=A0=A0Showing MC, BashBurn, and gTuxnes
damnsmalllinux-0.5.3.1:
=A0=A0=A0=A0gPhone and Monkey webserver in action
=20
What does it have?
Damn Small Linux has a nearly complete desktop, including XMMS (MP3, and=
=20
MPEG), FTP client, Dillo web browser, links-hacked web browser, spreadshe=
et,=20
Sylpheed email, spellcheck (US English), a word-processor (Ted-GTK), four=
=20
editors (SciTe, nVi, Zile [emacs clone], and Nano [Pico clone]), graphics=
=20
editing and viewing (Xpaint, and xzgv), Xpdf, emelFM (file manager), Naim=
=20
(AIM, ICQ, IRC), VNCviwer, Rdesktop, SSH/SCP server and client, DHCP clie=
nt,=20
PPP, PPPoE (ADSL), a web server, calculator, generic and GhostScript prin=
ter=20
support, NFS, Fluxbox window manager, games, system monitoring apps, a ho=
st=20
of command line tools, USB support, and pcmcia support. For more informat=
ion=20
check out the applications=A0pages.
=20
If you like DSL you can install it on your hard drive. Because all the=20
applications are small and light it makes a very good choice for older=20
hardware.
=20
My goal in creating Damn Small Linux is to have enough tools and toys on=
a=20
business card sized CD to get work done *and* have some fun.
=20
How?
I started with model_k, which did an excellent distillation of Knoppix d=
own=20
to 33 megabytes.=A0 From there I went through and removed what I could,=20
including Locals and documentation, I know, that's not a good thing, but =
I=20
had to make room.
=20
As many know Knoppix is based on Debian which really made my task a lot=20
easier, but the applications on the CD are not pure Debian.=A0 I am using=
a few=20
apps that are not available via apt-get.
=20
The applications I am using are the best compromises I could find betwee=
n=20
function and size.
=20
To make room I had to remove the entire dpkg database structure.=A0 But =
don't=20
freak out, I saved it for folks who want to try to remaster from my iso.
=20
X?
It is a combo of Debian packages and the Kdrive Xvesa and Xfbdev servers=
=2E=A0 It=20
works beautifully on most computers but it runs slower than what most Lin=
ux=20
users are use to.=A0 That's the cost of keeping it all small and lite.
=20
ToDo?
Clean up and refine.
=20
Where can I download it from?
:-)=A0go here.
=20
My email address is:
john _at_ damnsmalllinux.org
(please go to the=A0user forum=A0for tech questions)

=20

=20