Which distro for the enterprise now?

Author: Craig White
Subject: Which distro for the enterprise now?
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 15:08, Thomas Cameron wrote:

> If you don't want the support from RH but want the next version of Red Hat
> Linux, get Fedora. If you want support, get RHEL.

---
since you keep mentioning this, I will have to give you my preliminary
conclusions about Fedora.

Great on my desktop - not likely to recommend using it on any client
server. Viability is the problem.

Short EOL (yes, I understand fedora legacy)
High amounts of experimental packaging

The purpose of fedora is to keep it on the cutting edge and that's not
my vision for servers. apt-get dist-upgrade is a wonderful thing - until
we are discussing a server. I can get more stability from Debian (I
think).

Craig