Cox and email revisited

Author: Augie Grayfox
Subject: Cox and email revisited
On Saturday January 31 2004 9:00 pm, Joe Toon <> wrote=
:
*v*Joe Toon <>
*v*To:
*v*Subject: Re: Cox and email revisited
*v*Reply-To:
*v*
*v*Augie Grayfox wrote:
*v*> How the HELL is sending an email from my @cox address to my client's
@xxx.com *v*> address be considered relaying?
*v*> I thought that was just emailing somebody?
*v*
*v*I reread your original email and have a few questions:
*v*
*v*1. Is it only not allowing to this particular email address?
*v*2. Have you sent to this email address previously, successfully?
*v*3. Have you changed any SMTP settings that might cause it now to fail?
*v*
*v*I know when I was setting up my FreeBSD box to act as a central mail
*v*server (relaying up to smtp.west.cox.net) I ended up having to use a
*v*valid domain name before the cox server would accept my connection.
*v*However, if your able to send to others and just not this particular
*v*account, that doesn't seem to be a similar issue.
*v*
No Joe,=20
I haven't made any changes and I've been emailing back and forth with thi=
s=20
client at several of their address at their domain for over a year. That'=
s=20
why I thought it was so weird. It's just me on my desktop pc emailing to =
my=20
client on her desktop pc. It's going from a cox.net address to my clients=
=20
domain that's hosted by MegaPathdsl.net so cox' smtp blocking shouldn't=20
affect this but obviosly they consider it relaying and if that's the case=
=20
then anybody that emails from a cox.net address would also be considered =
a=20
spammer. Just too weird. I can and have emailed others.
--=20
Augie Grayfox
grayfox78 at cox dot net

"When things go wrong, don't go with them" Anonymous