I lost my eth0! My precious!

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: I lost my eth0! My precious!
I am not sure if this is fixed yet but here are a few suggestions:

Is the new nic the same chipset?

Is the driver for the nic a module or built into the kernel if it is a
module you can modprobe "module name" and the system will let you know
if the nic was found.

You can type lsmod to see what modules are loaded to see if your nic
module is loaded.

I am sure knoppix might be faster but here is something else to check
out.

http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/runt/

Jim

Jim