I lost my eth0! My precious!

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: I lost my eth0! My precious!
Howdy all. I had a old network card die and I swapped it out with a new one,
but now eth0 does not show up when I try to use the ifconfig command. I stuck
in a knoppix disk and the eth0 was there and able to ping out, and as my
debian install is based on Knoppix I am soewaht confused why it is not showing
up. I compared the modules that were loaded normally vs what knoppix
autoloaded and do not see a smoking gun.

Please help

                                  .-.
Robert Wultsch                   // \\
Linux User                      /(   )\              AIM:sheepsleep7
Don't fear the penguins          ^^-^^                  (480)9513169