news of the week

Author: der.hans
Subject: news of the week
Am 27. Jan, 2004 schw=E4tzte Michael Havens so:

> Why did I get the NIC card? you may be asking? The reason I got it was be=

cause
> I was advised to get one at some point. Did I get the right thing to talk=

> another computer? This is for peer to peer, right?

Yes, you can use the NIC to talk to other computers via an ethernet
connection. It won't let you get to the Internet without being some place
that has an Internet connection.

If someone brings a box to your place or you bring your box to where there
are other computers, you'll be able to connect to them using local
networking.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling somethin=
g."
#   -- Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride