Need to get into M$ laptop

Author: Nathan England
Subject: Need to get into M$ laptop
--=-hylrlwnG4PpFuap11DAy

A parallel port drive and a zipslack distro would be fantastic for this.
I've done it several times, if you have access to a parallel zip drive.

I used to use QNX demo floppy to do such things as the gui was
fantastic. Now we have wonders like Tom's rescue that should handle
everything you need.

nathan

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:35, Don Calfa wrote:
> I was issued a challenge and didn't realize that all the pieces wouldn't=20
> be available.
>=20
> I have a Win2K laptop that I need to investigate what has been removed=20
> (disgruntled ex-employee).
>=20
> There is no CD-ROM (I know, Knoppix would've been great) only a floppy=20
> drive.
>=20
> Is there a floppy based distro with ntfs drivers that I can use to get=20
> into this thing with?
>=20
> If I can, I'd lftp the contents elsewhere then investigate.
>=20

--=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
--Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

--=-hylrlwnG4PpFuap11DAy

--=-hylrlwnG4PpFuap11DAy--