Floppy drive, again

Author: Bart Garst
Subject: Floppy drive, again
Open a terminal (command-prompt) and try these steps (as root):

mkdir /mnt/new-floppy
(insert a windows formatted floppy into drive)
mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/new-floppy

Your floppy should now be accessible. Try:
touch /mnt/new-floppy/it
ls /mnt/new-floppy
(should show 'it')

Now umount the disk with:
umount /mnt/new-floppy

And check it with:
ls /mnt/new-floppy
(should show nothing)

If it shows nothing then you know your floppy drive works and you need
to focus on the configuration (ie /etc/fstab)

If *any* of these steps fail, please be descriptive with what failed and
where.

Bart