AZSAGE this Wed

Author: Austin Godber
Subject: AZSAGE this Wed
Michael Havens wrote:
> Hey Austin, did you see my posting concerning this? We need to inckude things
> like that (especially installing it on hd <knx-hdinstall>) as well as what
> was in yours. Talking about accessing the web I think is rather pointless
> though due to the fact that to get your modem to work you need to Find out
> your IRQ and I/O port and your uart and enter thosse into a rather lengthy
> command.... unless you are on a cable modem. If that is the case I think that
> it just works... but no... I have it at school and it needs to be configured.
> From my experience with knoppix I would say that it is just a perfect tool
> for learning the command line.
> We need other suggestions as to what to put on it. Otherwise I am thinking
> that what was on my list was sufficient.
>
> Here is a copy of my list: I can;t find a copy. Perhaps someone in the great
> digital void out there could paste it up here for us?

Hi Mike,
    I saw your list, they are good suggestions (I have included them here for
reference):

'enter' at the title screen
'knx-hdinstall' will install a working debian system
ctrl-alt-F1 to F6 will give you a virtual workstation without GUI
0ctrl-alt-F7 returns you to GUI
http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us for technical assistance (register for the mailing list)
"UNIX Complete" is a good tutorial

What I had posted was primarily intended for an ASU audience, where I pretty
much assumed that people would have ethernet and DHCP thus web access would be
trivial ... but really Mike, including all of the information on how to get
absolutely everything working would be a bit difficult. Perhaps making sure all
of the HOWTOs are installed is a good idea along with including RUTE. Or
something like my command line introduction page:

http://uberhip.com/godber/computers/cltips.html

There are lots of things that people don't know when they start linux and its
hard to anticipate what a given individual will need.

Austin