What were they thinking? Was:Re: Linux and Football

Author: Bob Rosenberg
Subject: What were they thinking? Was:Re: Linux and Football
"Nobody doesn't like penguins." Bill Gates???? Steve Balmer????

Message: 7
From: Chris Gehlker <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:31:15 -0700
On Jan 11, 2004, at 11:48 PM, Michael wrote:

> I will keep that in mind, but I have a 3 year old boy who knows how

> use a
> mouse, type, and use Linux and Windows. So I have to admit they can
> learn
> all their own pace. My son also likes tv, dancing, piano, guitar,

cars,
> trucks and trains. Oh yeah did I mention finger paint? He is quite
> astute
> and no different than any other child with exception to his extreme
> temper,
> yet he "loves" to learn!

That sounds like a typical kid. The 'Linux' in the commercial is being
taught by some of the leading experts in the world but he doesn't
smile, ask a question or even blink. Is he supposed to be a robot, an
alien, or just catatonic?

I think it's great that Linux finally has commercials but these are
just too weird. They don't make me want to try Linux. What's wrong with
happy penguins?
Nobody doesn't like penguins.

--

Bob Rosenberg

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
    --Adlai Stevenson

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a
independence."
                              — C.A. Beard