What were they thinking? Was:Re: Linux and Football

Author: Bart Garst
Subject: What were they thinking? Was:Re: Linux and Football
On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 13:31, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2004, at 11:48 PM, Michael wrote:
>
> > I will keep that in mind, but I have a 3 year old boy who knows how to
> > use a
> > mouse, type, and use Linux and Windows. So I have to admit they can
> > learn
> > all their own pace. My son also likes tv, dancing, piano, guitar, cars,
> > trucks and trains. Oh yeah did I mention finger paint? He is quite
> > astute
> > and no different than any other child with exception to his extreme
> > temper,
> > yet he "loves" to learn!
>
> That sounds like a typical kid. The 'Linux' in the commercial is being
> taught by some of the leading experts in the world but he doesn't
> smile, ask a question or even blink. Is he supposed to be a robot, an
> alien, or just catatonic?
>
> I think it's great that Linux finally has commercials but these are
> just too weird.

And an office staff dancing, fist-pumping, and dog-piling over a new
version of MS Office isn't weird?

I think they (the Linux commercials) are a bit artistic, and no, I don't
get it either. But hey, something IS better than nothing.

> They don't make me want to try Linux. What's wrong with
> happy penguins?
> Nobody doesn't like penguins.

You have my vote for the happy penguins. What about a dog-pile of happy
penguins ;-)

Bart