YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks

Author: Craig White
New-Topics: YAST License:: Re: YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks
Subject: YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks
On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 19:22, der.hans wrote:

> As for up2date, yast, et al. It is true that I don't know for certain they
> don't do something wrong. For the Free Software implementations, though, I'm
> certain they've been audited enough to be fairly certain.

---
is yast open source? I got the impression that it is proprietary and the
source code isn't available but I only used SuSE one time, an employee
at one of my clients made his computer dual boot and I joined his samba
to the Windows domain so he could access files a little easier. I did it
from the command line - didn't have the patience to deal with yast -
seemed like I was going to run into wizard helpers.

Craig