YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks

Author: Augie Grayfox
Subject: YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks
On Wednesday January 7 2004 6:54 am,=20
Victor Odhner <> wrote:
*v*To:
*v*Subject: YMMV, but MY Linux desktop stinks
*v*Reply-To:
*v*
*v*I can't believe I am getting NO advice on this list.
*v*
*v*I'll say it: Linux is NOT ready for the desktop.
*v*Not mine, for sure.
*************

*v*This is not rhetoric intended to stir some
*v*discussion. =20

**************
*v*
*v*Maybe next year?
*v*Vic
*v*
I guess that what Vic didn't want is exactly what we got into...a distro =
flame=20
war.
So far all I see is, a few of us tried to tell Vic about OUR experiences =
with=20
different distros and made some recommendations that hopefully he might f=
ind=20
useful. At the same time these recommendations are getting knocked, witho=
ut=20
any helpful info being provided.
Let's try to keep our eyes on the ball...keeping a convert a convert, by=20
providing help on ANY distro of Linux, so that he won't go back to the=20
darkside.
Don't give up yet Vic, it took me 5 years to work the courage up to try L=
inux=20
again after a NASTY experience with RH 5.
My $.02
--=20
Augie Grayfox
grayfox78 at cox dot net

"When things go wrong, don't go with them" Anonymous