Flash card driver.

Author: Emmanuel Gravel
Subject: Flash card driver.
On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 00:26, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 19:11, Emmanuel Gravel wrote:
> > Here's the result (the module is loaded)
>
> Okay, sorry, I guess I came into the discussion at the end. If the
> module is loaded, I'm sure that a device has been assigned. Did you try
> just mounting 'mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/floppy' or something like
> that? I find it helps to reboot with things like this because they
> always get assigned as you plug them in. So if you take the same flash
> and push it in, pull it out, and then push it in, it will be /dev/sdb1.

No, module is loaded, no device assigned. That's what's puzzling. I can
send you the output to either dmesg or /var/log/messages if you want, I
parsed through the whole thing, and was looking of anything /dev/sd-ish
that made sense, even looked in /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/ but
nothing was there (by the way that's the only /dev/scsi tree I have, I'm
using devfs so devices appear on-the-fly).

Oddly enough, it worked OK before a reboot, except that I couldn't mount
the device... Gave an error on the first attempt, but locked the command
on the second and couldn't be killed and released, ergo the reboot.