files disappear

Author: Bryce C
Subject: files disappear
--=-PK0CeVzUqhRwRepfMS3f

Umm... By the command you gave there, you're not copying the files to a
file system on the disk. If you "sudo mount /mnt/floppy", "cp [file]
/mnt/floppy", "sudo umount /mnt/floppy", then the files will be stored
on the actualy filesystem of the diskette. As for what you've been
doing, I'm not exactly sure what it was but it looks like you were
writing the raw data straight to the disk, or something.

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 20:41, Michael Havens wrote:
> Remember how I told you that I like to keep a backup of my config files o=

n=20

/
> dev/fd0'. After the drive light goes off I then decide to make sure my f=

ile=20
> copied. sudo mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy and it tells me to add the filety=

pe.=20
> sudo mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy Then it tells me that I have the=20
> wrong filetype or something like that! I can't think of anything to do so=

I=20
> fsck /dev/fd0. Then it gives me the message that I can only have 1 or 2 F=

ATs=20
> not 46 (46 this time- 108 a couple of days ago). So I mkfs -t vfat and my=

=20
> disk is blank again! Any idea what my problem is? (it has done this more =

than=20
> once)=20

--=20
Bryce C <>