files disappear

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: files disappear
Remember how I told you that I like to keep a backup of my config files on
floppy? Well, today I decided to add another one. So I type in 'cp [file] /
dev/fd0'. After the drive light goes off I then decide to make sure my file
copied. sudo mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy and it tells me to add the filetype.
sudo mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy Then it tells me that I have the
wrong filetype or something like that! I can't think of anything to do so I
fsck /dev/fd0. Then it gives me the message that I can only have 1 or 2 FATs
not 46 (46 this time- 108 a couple of days ago). So I mkfs -t vfat and my
disk is blank again! Any idea what my problem is? (it has done this more than
once)
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/