Migrating to kernel 2.6 /Re: source code

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: Migrating to kernel 2.6 /Re: source code
Looks like I'm between a rock an a hard place. I can't get rid of the modem
(cost is prohibitive). So what I'll do is whenever I get online start the
upgrade proccess. I sure hope the gradually put upgrades on the server.
.
.
.
I'm looking at the LFS website and it seems 2.6 is released as of 12/18/2003.
I wonder~ How do I make a boot floppy and what file(s) do I have to copy in
case I really screw things up (which is likely). Oh boy, now I get to use tar
-cMzf! So how do I do that? For the -f option would I type in the full path
name to get it to unpack into the exact same location no matter where I
unpack it from?

Thanks for tha help.