Carly Fiorina/HP/competitiveness

Author: der.hans
Subject: Carly Fiorina/HP/competitiveness
moin, moin,

over the weekend I was sick and in a hotel room. I found they had one of
those non-interactive screens w/ the mini wireless keypad.

I watched some c-span. At one point there was a presentation from Carly
Fiorina, CEO for HP, at some business school on the east coast.

She talked about HP strategy and hardware stuff. Then, fatefully, she turned
to software.

And the very first software product she mentioned was Linux :). Cha-ching!

At some point she listed operating systems. She listed Linux, then m$ and
finally *NIX.

She said HP's strategy is to be competent in all 3 because HP's customers
need all 3.

BTW, watching TV without a Myth TV really, really sucked. I don't have
either, but I'm sure that if you can only have one, make sure it's the Myth
box :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The
#  login ID was "HELLO" and the passwd "CYMBAL". She says "cymbal" is like
#  a Polish word for "sucker". 'Hello sucker', a greeting from AOHell :).