new laptop problems

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: new laptop problems
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Nathan England wrote:

> The only thing I miss is a coding program like Kate. Gedit can do some
> of the syntax hilighting, but not like Kate.
>
> Anyone recommend any good syntax hilighting program editors like Kate
> but for Gnome? I don't like Emacs, and xvim is not what I want. I want a
> real gui app, not a cli in a gui window!

KDE's kate works fine under GNOME too. You don't need GNOME or KDE as your
desktop to run kate. (You do need kde libraries and maybe utilities like
kbuildsycoca to run kate though.)

You may want to try cooledit (and add cooledit-syntax add on).

Or try FTE Text Editor (with X support), glimmer, gxedit, xjed, mped,
nedit, scite, beaver, xvile (like vi), xwpe, ...

Jeremy C. Reed
http://bsd.reedmedia.net/