PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #4243 - 10 msgs

Author: KJZZ Webmaster
Subject: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #4243 - 10 msgs
----- Original Message -----
> From: Bill Lindley <>
> Subject: Re: Dynamic Metafile for All Players (Using MP3)

> Couldn't get anything to happen (other than "Save to File") on Mandrake
> 9.2 with Mozilla. Selecting the different players and then manually
> adding the various URL links to XMMS didn't work for any of them.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the mime type settings for the
browser; especially since Lee Einer was able to use the Realplayer with
Mandrake 9.2 and Mozilla.

I have to say my knowledge of XMMS and linux warrants "newbie" status,
although I am willing to learn and do what I can to accomodate. Perhaps a
direct link to the mp3 file (for XMMS users) will suffice, although, as I
understand it, you would loose the ability to listen as the file is being
downloaded.

> Q: When it says "None (Clear Preference)" does that mean the preference
> for my system is None?

It could also say "Default" which, for simplicity's sake, is set for windows
media.

Thanks for testing this!

JT