PLUG IRC down

Author: Bryce C
Subject: PLUG IRC down
--=-5f6+Vc0YIsP52B7RnKdQ

Oops, sorry folks. Hadn't read the rest of the messages. I'm in favor of
#plugaz because it maintains the "PLUG" name closest, next to #plug (but
they're just a bunch of thieves). Feel free to visit. It's just me
camping out there right now but I hope it'll soon grow to the numbers we
had before (12) and beyond (13).

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 12:30, Bryce C wrote:
> --> You are now talking on #plug
> --- Topic for #plug is Philadelphia area Linux User Group --
> http://www.PhillyLinux.org/
> --- Topic for #plug set by bj at Mon Dec 1 00:19:56
>=20
> On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 09:49, Ed Skinner wrote:

is

tice.

> > > I will suggest again since this is not the first time this has happen=

ed.
> > > Perhaps we should just create a channel on freenode? Not only will i=

t be
> > > more reliable, for those that use IRC regularly it is more likely we =

will
> > > be available in such a channel. As connecting to multiple servers is=

much
> > > more a pain than connecting to multiple channels on the same server.
> > >
> > > I know myself, Hans, Alan and some others are already on freenode for
> > > other reasons on occassion. Just a suggestion not a personal attack.
> > >
> > > -Derek

> >=20
> >=20
> >      Hmmm... freenode[.net?] seems to be down at the moment. It's timin=

g out=20
> > on the /server command -- or does freenode expect a different port (oth=

er=20
> > than 6667)?
> >      I think this is a good interim solution. If channel #plug isn't in=

use,=20
> > can we just "drop in" and start using it? (I'm not familiar with freeno=

de's=20
> > policies.)

Sorry for the top-post folks. I did it the first time and in order to effec=
tively erase my first error, I had to put the eraser where I had written, s=
o to speak.
--=20
Bryce C <>
CoBryce Communications