/dev/dsp: resource temporarily unavailable

Author: Carl Parrish
Subject: /dev/dsp: resource temporarily unavailable
I've recently found that I can use fuser to free up a mount point when I
can't figure out why its still busy. For example I would type
fuser -v -m /mnt/cdrom
to find out which user is currently using the cdrom then
fuser -k -m /mnt/cdrom
to kill it. Anyways I said all that to ask if perhaps you can do that
with /dev/dsp. It saves me from having to reboot. Perhaps you can use a
version of fuser. Any admins want to shead any thoughts on fuser? (yet
another tool I wish I knew about 4 years ago)