KVM Recommendations

Author: Vaughn Treude
Subject: KVM Recommendations
On Friday 19 December 2003 19:14, you wrote:
> I have a belkin and it works great. The only issue that I have with it
> is that after I switch machines the scroll wheel on my mouse stops
> working. But it I Ctl-Alt-F1 out of X and Alt-F7 back it works again.
> So that isn't very much of an issue.
>
> Eric

I have a Linksys and a Belkin. The Belkin had some bad problems on
transitioning between systems. My laptop always "lost" its USB connection
to my trackball (this was done via a Belkin-brand USB-to-PS/2 convertor) I'd
have to re-plug it every time. And on one of my Mandrake systems the
trackball would be in a funny "scrolling" state every time I returned to it.
And it would often lose the video sync completely. I switched back to the
old Linksys and put the Belkin on a cluster of systems I use far less often,
and I'm now much happier. The Linksys's only problem is that the video is
sometimes shifted to the left on a transition - hitting the power button on
the monitor fixes that.

Vaughn