Debian apt question

Author: der.hans
Subject: Debian apt question
Am 12. Dec, 2003 schw=E4tzte Jim so:

> To properly install squid with snmp support in a non Debian enviroment
> one is supposed to use --enable-snmp option when installing from source
> but if apt-get is used how can I tell if that was part of the
> installation? Is that the problem?

According to /usr/share/doc/README.Debian.gz it's in there.

Squid was compiled with the following options:

config.status:
        ./configure \
        --prefix=3D/usr \
        --exec_prefix=3D/usr \
        --bindir=3D/usr/sbin --sbindir=3D/usr/sbin \
        --libexecdir=3D/usr/lib/squid \
        --sysconfdir=3D/etc \
        --localstatedir=3D/var/spool/squid \
        --with-pthreads \
        --enable-linux-netfilter \                      [1]
        --enable-storeio=3Dufs,aufs,diskd \               [1]
        --enable-removal-policies=3Dlru,heap \
        --enable-snmp \
        --enable-delay-pools \
        --enable-htcp \
        --enable-poll \
        --enable-cache-digests \
        --enable-underscores \
        $(arch)-debian-$(system)

Not all packages in debian document the build process like this. Those who
do should be congratulated on doing a good job.

> Another item that is part of the install by source but I can not locate
> it when installed by apt-get is cachemgr.cgi which is supposed to
> provide a web page with how the cache is doing for the squid server.

$ apt-cache search cachemgr.cgi
$

:(

$ apt-file search cachemgr.cgi
squid-cgi: usr/lib/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
squid-cgi: usr/lib/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
squid-cgi: usr/lib/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
webmin-squid: usr/share/webmin/squid/cachemgr.cgi
webmin-squid: usr/share/webmin/squid/cachemgr.cgi
webmin-squid: usr/share/webmin/squid/cachemgr.cgi

Now we're talking ;-).

http://packages.debian.org/

That'll normally let you do the same sort of search as apt-file without
having to d/l all the descriptions, but it's still down from the break in
:(.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.ha=
ns