s I see you picked up there lingo!udo

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: s I see you picked up there lingo!udo
Sorry George, I don't quite get what you mean. I just figured visudo is a
special vi sudo but I couldn't remember my vi studies.
How was China?

On Saturday 06 December 2003 09:03 pm, George Toft said:
~ That also means you can make a mistake and kill your sudo capability.
~
~ Learn from the mistakes of others. At a certain client, it is common
~ practice to put the administrators in the sudoers file to allow "sudo su
~ -" without a password (don't go there - I protested, but the client is
~ always right). Then one day, an admin borked /etc/sudoers and could no
~ longer become root. Since remote root logins are disabled, that meant
~ he go to go out to the floor and fix each box from the console.
~ Doooh!!!!
~
~ Be safe. Use visudo.
~
~ George Toft
~ Computer Security
~ AGD,llc
~ www.agdllc.com
~ 623-203-1760
~ PLUG-discuss mailing list -
~ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change you mail settings: