DNS forwarding

Author: Joe Toon
Subject: DNS forwarding
DNS allows you to point pretty much anything to different servers/ip
addresses/etc (ie have mail go to one location, www.domain.tld go to
another, ftp.domain.tld go to another) but as already mentioned, this
needs to be configured by whoever controls the DNS server (# whois
domain.tld --- look at the Domain servers list).

If you or your client has control over the registrar of the domain name
(ie can go in and specify new DNS servers) -- you could use a free DNS
service such as zoneedit.com and then have full control over the DNS record.

After the DNS is pointed to ISPB, the problem will reside with ISPB.
Most likely your ISPB account is named based -- many different domains
share the same IP address. It is very common in shared hosting
environments. As a result, the web server configuration will need to be
updated to know how to handle the new domain. At some web hosts (such as
those that use the CPanel interface) account holders can "park" a domain
on top of a subdomain and it will automatically update the server
configuration (httpd.conf). Other hosts will do this as a support item
and others may simply refuse.

My advise --> If the client is an actual business/company/etc put them
on their own account. Web hosting is cheap in the grand-scheme of things
and the few bucks that might be saved are not going to be worth it if
things get screwed up or if the account gets removed because it is
outside the ISP's acceptable use policy.

Joe