DNS forwarding

Author: Kyle Faber
Subject: DNS forwarding
On Friday 05 December 2003 9:11 am, Jim wrote:
> Is it possible to have company.com currently hosted at ISPA forwarded t=

> subdomain.mycompany.com hosted at ISPB so that we could basically drop
> ISPA and host one domain from a subdomain of another domain.

=09With DNS, just about all things are possible. You just need a DNS ser=
ver=20
controlled by an entity willing to do it.

If ISPA controls the DNS record for company.com, you'd have to convince t=
hem=20
to do the forwarding. Otherwise you could transfer the DNS record to ISP=
B,=20
but then why not just move the webhosting completely? Why make it more=20
difficult?

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet

623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and=
=20
other countries.