Trouble with Samba

Author: Kevin
Subject: Trouble with Samba
This should do the trick...

$ smbmount {UNC Path} {mount point} -o username=domain\userid

For example:

$ smbmount //winDohsBox/C$ /mnt/wormdows -o username=mydomain\johnny
Password: *************

$ mount | grep -i wormdows
//winDohs/C$ on /mnt/wormdows type smbfs (0)

$ ls /mnt/wormdows
AutoExec.bat    My Documents   Recycled  Windows
Local Settings  Program Files  Temp

If you do this frequently, you might want to add this to /etc/fstab or
maybe even automount.

You can add something like this to /etc/fstab:
//winDohsBox/C$ /mnt/wormdows smbfs username=mydomain\johnny

Then, when you want to mount it, just type a single mount command and
let it prompt for the share password:
$ mount /mnt/wormdows
Password: *************

Automount could make it even easier, by automagically and transparently
mounting the share whenever you try to access it. However, to be
transparent you must be willing to put the share credentials into a text
file that only root can read. Depending on your security posture, this
might be a handy option.

Hope that helps,
...Kevin