Microsoft doc.

Author: Alan Dayley
New-Topics: routing and defualt gateways
Subject: Microsoft doc.
Chris Gehlker wrote:

> I'm sure the FSF is not going to be happy. Not until MS starts calling
> the program GNU/Office. I am curious about what some of the more
> objective folks, like the OSI, will say.

Well, I am not sure about the whole thing anymore. Maybe Groklaw will
clear it up at some point. The article at The Register just confuses me
more.

It quotes the FSF counsel, Eben Moglen, as saying that the patent
license is OK but does not offer specifics except to say that it is
compatible with Section 7 of the GPL. I don't see it that way, but then
Mr. Moglen does so I guess I must go with his conclusion. I hope he
writes something up to explain his reasoning so I can understand what is
wrong with my understanding.

Other than that, I think I will have to drop this topic for now. It
doesn't really effect me directly yet and I have lots of other things on
my plate anyway. I appreciate the discussion, Chris.

Alan