Possible RHES alternative

Author: Steve Smith
Subject: Possible RHES alternative
If this showed up on the list already I missed it. There's a project to
create and maintain a free version of Redhat Enterprise Server 3. The
home page is at http://www.whiteboxlinux.org

I got the binary iso images downloaded yesterday and hope to start
messing with it sometime this afternoon.

BTW, the project owners have asked that the info NOT be posted to
slashdot until they've got more mirrors available.

In other news... There was an article claiming that Mr. Hat and SuSE
will both have academically-priced licenses available. I've been unable
to locate info anywhere else but, why would they lie? Hmm. Story at:
http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5107941.html