open question(s) to RedHat users

Author: Craig White
Subject: open question(s) to RedHat users
On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 12:28, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2003, at 11:40 AM, Bart Garst wrote:
>
> > I'm curious to know what you fellow RedHat users are planning to do
> > when
> > RedHat Linux gets End-of-life'd?
>
> Well I never used any Linux as my primary desktop so you really weren't
> talking to me. What I want to know is whether Red Hat abandoned the
> desktop market because they thought it had no future or because they
> simply think there is no money in it. If it is the latter, then Red Hat
> is only confirming what Nautilus already demonstrated.

----
Where did you get the idea that Red Hat abandoned the desktop market?
They have changed the methodology of their packaging and distribution.
That they have abandoned the desktop market is your own nexus and simply
not fact.

Did I miss something - what did Nautilus demonstrate?

For the record - I upgraded to Fedora Core two nights ago - works very
well. Seems like the desktop has improved a bit - certainly this version
of Evolution has.

Craig