apt-get revert

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: apt-get revert
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Alexander Henry wrote:

> apt-get install kde
> **lots of error messages, saying things like I need to install kdelibs3
> and koffice but it's not going to be installed.

What error messages?

Probably others in the Debian community have same problems and
work-arounds or fixes. I didn't seen anything from quickly looking at the
debian-kde archive. But maybe someone there can help.

> an acceptable answer would be, how do I install gnome? at least I'll
> have some kind of gui at my desk until Debian testing gets its act
> together in two weeks. apt-cache search gnome seems to pull up all the

If you just want a GUI at your desk, maybe try another window manager,
like:

blackbox and bbkeys
or
icewm