PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #4115 - 14 msgs

Author: David Fleming
Subject: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #4115 - 14 msgs
writes:

> From: "Jason Pfingstmann" <>
> Subject: Happy Medium
> Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:24:47 -0700 (MST)
> No, this post is not about a Joyous Psychic. ;)
>
> I am trying to reach a happy medium between Windows and Linux.
>
><<clip>>
>
> So, I'm sure that many other Linux users have had the same dilemma and
> have hopefully found a happy medium. I would like to hear any ideas you
> have and what solution others have come up with.
>
> Jason Pfingstmann
> ----------

A couple of years ago I bought a 2nd machine (old P2-350mhz from
pcmacsurplus, just the box, for about $75), set up a KVM switch,
loaded Debian on the P2 - it's a dedicated Linux box, not dual boot -
and I've been a happy camper ever since. My Windows machine is set up
for dual boot, but it stays in Windows 99% of the time (and I stay on
my Linux box about 90% of the time). Samba provides file sharing. I'm
not a gamer, my stuff just gets used for web development,
communications, office work, etc. Not having to deal with dual boot
issues has made life much - much - more simple.

That may not be a solution for everyone, but it works for me.

--
D. Fleming