Michael Siedner's FreeS/WAN document

Author: Chris Gehlker
Subject: Michael Siedner's FreeS/WAN document
On Oct 29, 2003, at 8:55 AM, George Gambill wrote:

> Chris,
>
> For some reason I have been unable to retrieve your PDF.
>
> When I click on http://idisk.mac.com/canyonrat/Public I get a page not
> found.
>
> When I try http://idisk.mac.com/canyonrat I get a login screen
> requesting a
> password (and login ID).
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong???

I can see how this is confusing. There is no way you can tell by
looking at the URL that this is a WebDAV share. That may be a design
misfeature on the part of the Apache crew. (I think WebDAV comes from
Apache). There is some project on SourceForge that enables you to click
on WebDAV links and that opens them in a window. Last time I tried to
install it, there was some problem with building it for PPC.

I just use cadaver to access WebDav shares. I goes like this:

~/: cadaver
DAV/> open http://idisk.mac.com/canyonrat/Public
(some message saying it opened the share)
DAV/> ls
(a listing of what is on the share)
DAV/> get FreeSWAN_GUIDE.pdf
(a little curses animation of a DL)
DAV/> exit
~/

Other than emulating bash rather than the, IMHO, better shells, cadaver
works well. If you're a GUI type, check out the draggy-droppy thing on
SourceForge.