installfest flyer RC2

Author: David Huerta
Subject: installfest flyer RC2
> How strange. I mostly do Macs but I've done a couple of Red Hat 9
> installations and one FreeBSD on typical PCs in the last few weeks. No
> mention was made of floppy disks. Even my old 3rd edition of "Running
> Linux" only mentions floppies as an alternative for when the user
> can't/doesn't want to use LILO.

Slackware, Mandrake, and I think Debian all ask for boot disks. My
experience in Linux installs is pretty much limited to these three,
though. Even so, its always a good idea to have boot floppies available
in case anything goes wrong during the install, or after the install,
for that matter.

> It does occur to me that the list may not be complete. Are we doing
> dual boot installs? Do we need to ask the users to bring a copy of
> their old OS so we can put it back? Do we need to remind them to back
> up their data because we are going to reformat their disks? Is there
> too much stuff to fit on a flier? Should the flier just point to a web
> page where we can discuss the preparations that they should make at
> length?

The flyer's fine, methinks. People wouldn't remember the
plug.phoenix.az.us address on a flyer anyhow. The site should have the
banner I designed up sometime before the installfest which will likely
point to the press release.

--
// David Huerta
// Insert creative sig here.